THE FATHER WOUND
Many of us had a father or step father who helped shape us into the person that we are today. In fact our father, for most of us, was the first man we ever met…or not. He showed us (even sometimes by his very absence) what to expect from a man. No matter who you called ‘daddy’, this man holds immense power over your self worth, relationship and life choices. His influence may not have been the healthy masculine kind that you really needed in order to thrive.
Whether through your father’s absence, emotional distance, passivity, control, or physical and emotional abuse, you may still find yourself feeling hurt, rejected and abandoned by his actions, or lack of them. This is often called the ‘Father Wound’.
The Father Wound influences who you become, how you live and what you may bring into all of your relationships and life choices.
Clues you may have been inflicted with the father wound:
- Unexplained feelings of worthlessness and Inadequacy
- Strong fears of abandonment and rejection in all relationships
- A lack of trust in yourself and others
- A lack of safety in the world
- Self-sabotaging behaviours
- Identity issues – no real sense of who you really are
- Persistent and recurring feelings of being not good enough
- An inability to have or sustain healthy intimate relationships
Gabi Krueger and I are so excited to be able to offer this 2 day non residential healing workshop. Healing the father wound is an undertaking of great courage and deep love. Allowing yourself to reclaim your lost feelings, permit yourself to grieve and surrender, and ultimately to forgive; so that you can move forward in your life in peace.
Date: Please enquire/see workshop page
When surviving is no longer enough for you and you are ready to thrive then this workshop may be for you.
For further details and to book, please email: [email protected]